In case you haven’t been brought up to speed, we are having a baby due to arrive around September 15th. If you already knew that, then you might know that we are having a girl (which I think we are still in shock about) and we are naming her Mabry (pronounced Maybree). My sweet friends Melissa and Abbie threw a surprise shower for me a few weeks ago. Here are a few of the moments captured. It was a sweet time of being loved on by some very special women!
1) QUESTION: What foods does Emily crave during her pregnancy?
Rad: Her sweet tooth was kicking on this one. Previously, it was Cheez-Its or crackers. But with this little girl it is cake or donuts. Specifically from Baker’s Pride…so I’d have to go with cake or cookies on this one.
Emily: Coconut Popsicles
2) QUESTION: Will your little girl have hair? If yes, what color?
Rad: Yes, dark brown I think. Although Em and her sister had sandy blonde hair when they were little so it’s a roll of the dice.
Emily: Yes. Black. Lots of it.
3) QUESTION: Will Rad will learn how to french braid, true or false?
Rad: Yes, but it’s going to take some practice! I joked with Will St. Clair about it and he told me of the vacuum technique which looks really appealing (not a braid but a good start)
Emily: No, but I bet he will use a vacuum to make a pony tail.
4) QUESTION: Which is more likely, tutus and tiaras or tee ball and bugs?
Rad: Oh boy…this is the part that scares me. I think it’s going to be both but I’ll go with Tutus
Emily: I hope tutus a little bit. Can we pick in the middle?
5) QUESTION: Who will be closer to baby girl Harrell, Gress or Mcree?
Rad: Gress. He’s already talking about how he’ll take care of her and protect her. “Dad, if anybody is saying mean things to Mabry, I’ll punch them in the mouth”.
6) QUESTION: Who will she look more like, Rad or Emily?
Rad: I’m praying Em. She’s hot.
Emily: I guess hopefully not like Rad, right? Not that he’s ugly. Just don’t want a handsome girl.
7) QUESTION: Who is going to cry more when the baby is born? Mom, Dad, or baby?
Rad: Baby…def. baby.
Emily: Radford! I’m going to want a burger and apple juice and he’s going to be crying his eyes out.
8) QUESTION: How much will your baby girl weigh when she is born? How long will she be?
Rad: Hmm…7 lbs, 7 oz, 19 inches.
Emily: I hope not a lot. 7lb 11oz, 22in. Not any bigger. I hope not 9lb, but maybe
9) QUESTION: If you could pass on one of your (Rad’s) best traits or skills to your child, what would it be?
Rad: Calmness. I don’t get rattled easily which has helped me keep my head in situations that can be tough. There is probably a better word for it…
Emily: Rad is a great conversationalist and people person. I’d say that.
10) QUESTION: If you could pass on one of Emily’s best traits or skills to your child, what would it be?
Rad: Serving and hospitable heart. She’s amazing at taking care of me, the boys, and others.
Emily: Sewing? (wink). Just having fun and making the most of things.